St. Bernard's Cemetery
Founded in 1902, and managed by St. Bernard's Episcopal Church in Bernardsville, St. Bernard's Cemetery is set on thirteen acres of beautifully wooded and rolling hills. Originally for the Christian burial of members of St. Bernard's Episcopal Church the cemetery now welcomes burials from all walks of life and religions. Plots are available to the public for purchase.
The cemetery has been an integral part of the history of Bernardsville for more than a century, serving as the final resting place for some of the area's most prestigious original gentry including the Stevens. Pyne, Kean, Frelinghuysen, Pierrepont, Blair, and Ballantine families.
It was consecrated on July 2, 1903 by the Right Rev. John Scarborough, Bishop of the Diocese of New Jersey and the land was originally donated by Mr. and Mrs. Robert L. Stevens, with additional acreage being given by their daughter, Mrs. Mary Stevens Baird.
Location and Grounds
The cemetery is located at 60 Washington Avenue, about one mile from St. Bernard's Church and equidistant from both the center of Bernardsville and Basking Ridge.
At the entrance is the gate house cottage, housing the cemetery office and a residential rental property alongside a parking area. Adjacent to this is a Memorial Garden, which offers a refuge for quiet meditation and a place where cremated remains are interred.
The cemetery is organized in three tracts:
The Lawn section (near entrance) has grave plots larger than in the other areas.
The Dogwood section offers beautiful blooms in the spring and shade in summer months.
The Beech Section offers a peaceful and serene setting where monuments are flush with ground level.
To enquire about availability and pricing for plots, memorial garden availability, burials, inurnments etc. please contact St. Bernard's Parish Office at:
St. Bernard's Episcopal Church,
Tel: 908-766-0602 or
Or Tel: John Smith at: 908-635-6301
Memorial Services and Christian Burials
The Rev. Beth Rauen Sciaino, Priest-in-charge of St. Bernard's Episcopal Church, Bernardsville, extends priestly and pastoral care to all the families of plot owners at St. Bernard's Cemetery and would be honored to be called upon to offer the rite of Christian Burial.
Memorial services can also be held prior to internment at St. Bernard's Episcopal Church.
Support is also available to individuals and families around times of death and grief.
To contact the Rev. Beth Rauen Sciaino call 908-766-0602, or Priest@StBernardsNJ.org.
St. Bernard's Episcopal Church
88 Claremont Road Bernardsville, NJ 07924
St. Bernard's Cemetery,
60 Washington Ave,
Bernardsville, NJ 07924
Contact: John Smith, 908-766-0602 or email email@example.com
Donate to St. Bernard's Church
If you would like to make a donation to St. Bernard's Episcopal Church you can do so using the QR code. Please specify what your donation should be allocated to. For example: Pledge; Community Fund; Flower Fund: Outreach; Music Fund etc.
© 2016 Saint Bernard's Episcopal Church, an Episcopal Church in the Diocese of New Jersey
The Rev. Beth Rauen Sciaino, Rector
All rights reserved.
Clergy: Tues-Fri, 10 am - 4pm
Parish Administrator: Mon-Thur., 10:30 am -4:30 pm
Both clergy and our parish administrator work from home on some days.